Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heirloom Eggs

Because Easter comes early this year I started to pull out Easter decorations as I put away Valentine's decorations. One of the decorations I have not displayed for many years is the set of eggs my grandmother handpainted many years ago. Because they are so fragile, I have not displayed them since David was a baby. He is finally is able to deal with having them within arm's length and not wanting to touch and hold them.

I also have used the bird's nest David found last fall at the airport. Last fall we displayed the nest on my pedestal compote with fall leaves beneath it and acorns inside the nest. For the spring I have added tiny decorative eggs I found at Michaels. I am still looking for the large picture of David's first Easter. I pulled it out in January and put it in a safe place so that it would be easy to set out and for the life of me I can't remember where that safe place is. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it when I'm looking for something else.

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Hi Kim,
So nice to "meet" you!
Thanks for entering the giveaway!
I will gladly come back and read more of your blog. It looks awesome...
Right now my sweet daughter needs some help in the kitchen so I'll have to put that first. :-)

Becky K.

Heather said...

Kim,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the great advice. We will be looking for a different company to use for sure.

Heather

Magistra Mommy said...

So pretty...you know I'm a fan of anything "nesty"! :o)

Glad to hear your young man is on the mend. Hang in there, Momma!