Tuesday, April 29, 2008

At the YMCA

It used to be so easy to eat whatever I wanted in my teens, twenties and thirties. But, when I hit the big 4-0 everything changed. I have watched my weight go up and after trying to walk around the neighborhood and watched what I ate I know I must take drastic measures.

So we as a family have joined the YMCA. This is the kind of motivation I need to keep on a regular schedule of exercise. The local facility has a wonderful inside family pool with a water slide and whirlpool. The exercise room is huge and I can't wait to try it out. Another benefit is that we can use either of the facitilies in town. You can even get a massage, what a way to reward yourself.

We are going to experiment with getting David up early to go exercise with us and see if this will help his behavior at school. If this works we will put this into our daily schedule.

Wish us luck with keeping up our exercise program.

1 comment:

Rose of Sharon said...

It just doesn't seem fair that we gain weight in our 40s! I am so tired of carrying around this extra 15 pounds, sometimes I just don't even feel like myself in my own skin! I have great motivation right now, my son is getting married in October and I really want to look nice for that. I am cracking down! Good luck with your new work-out! Good for you! I hope you can do it.

:0) Sharon