Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Breaking God's Heart

© Richard D. Gelina
While preparing for this week's Bible Study, I came across this quote by Margaret Gibb:

"We must move from asking God to take care of things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking God's heart."

How often do we pray this? This quote is what Christians should be praying, taking the focus off us and our desires and focusing on God. It was such a powerful statement and we should all examine our prayer lives constantly to ensure it's all about Him and not us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful thought. Thank you. When we care about what God cares about it changes our perspective.
Rita in Oly

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh my goodness, that is so wonderful! I love it and I want to pray that way. Thank you!

:0) sharon

Sandy said...

Hi Kim,
I came here by way of Lynn's blog via Richard's blog. Nice to "meet" you. :)

Thank you for this wonderfule quote. I've never seen it before and it touched me mightily! Blessings to you.