Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Game Plan

I laughed, I cried then I laughed, I cried. Disney's The Game Plan took me on a roller coaster of emotions. I even found myself laughing and crying at the same time.

Scene from Game Plan

This is a very family-oriented movie, showing how even a hard core, self centered athlete's life can change when he becomes a father. I knew the general outline of the film—a man finds out he's a father when his little girl lands on his door step. However, I expected the typical movie setup of the man becoming a father with a one-night stand. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the child was the result of a marriage. The marriage didn't work and they went their separate ways, the husband being totally unaware that he was to become a father. Not only does the father become enchanted with his daughter, but so is everyone else. This movie will "bedazzle" you, just watch and see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation. So few movies are worth the time to watch them today.
You asked about our grandchildren. We have a girl 4 yrs and a boy 7 yrs. They live in central Alaska. We live an hour south of Seattle. We get up there once a year for a few days. Last Oct. I walked into their home, sat down in a big chair and had each of them leaning on my knees talking excitedly both at the same time. While I tried to carry on two conversations at once I took a split second to thank God for this little piece of heaven.
Our daughter-in-law is homeschooling and doing a great job. Alaska is a wonderful place to raise kids but it's hard on us to have them so far away.
To comment on your cell phone story. I'm sorry you had to witness that -- it broke my heart to read it as it did for you to see it.
Rita
rrshaefer@comcast.net

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I hope you enjoy the movie as much as we have.
I was just talking to a friend yesterday at our ladies Bible study whose daughter is in Alaska. The daughter just moved there last year when her husband became an associate pastor at a church there. Our friend has been up there several times so far. I hear it is beautiful there.
Have a great day.