Sunday, August 31, 2008

Some Sweet Treats

Tonight is the last church picnic for the summer. The picnics are always a wonderful time to get to connect with friends and also meet new people. I wanted to make something a little special for the event.

When we were at Dollywood's candy shop, I saw a cute idea I thought I would make for tonight—Rice Krispie Cones. I seem to be making a lot of interesting edible items this summer with ice cream cones. Who knew they were so versitile?

First I made peanut butter rice krispie treats:

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

1 cup white Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups Rice Krispies

Bring syrup and sugar to a slow boil. Stir in peanut butter. Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies.

Then I assembled the cones. I used an ice cream scoop and topped off the ice cream cones. After letting them harden for about an hour, I dabbed vaniila icing on each one. I quickly placed sprinkles on each one.

For this recipe I used small ice cream cones. This made 22 desserts.

No comments: