Friday, September 12, 2008

A Great Start

As our church's liaison for the Liberty Godparent Home I would like to make it the best year ever. We kicked off the baby bottle giving two weeks ago with some of the home's current residents in attendance. One had just given birth the month before and another was due anytime. I think that having these young ladies there helped the congregation. Often people think of unwed mothers are "those" or "them" but our people could see that they could have been our own sisters, daughters or neighbors.

Last year our church raised $410.00 for the home. This money came in handy when their washing machine went out. I really want for us to cross that $500.00 mark this year.

I am pleased that after just two Sundays we have raised $177.86. This has been a great start since we have three more weeks to up our total.

I will be keeping you all posted on how well we are doing. But for now I am very confident that we can meet this total.

No comments: